This is a statement of the practices of VIAVERDI10, in connection with the capture and the use of personal data and the steps taken to protect your personal data and respect your right to privacy.
VIAVERDI10 fully respects your right to privacy and actively seeks to preserve the privacy rights of those who share information with it. Any personal information which you volunteer to VIAVERDI10 will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, in accordance with the EU local Member State and European Data Protection legislation. VIAVERDI10 shall process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the EU local Member State law.
The privacy notice explains the following
- How we collect and use personal data?
- The purpose and legal basis for collecting personal data
- How we store and secure personal data?
- Details of third parties with whom we share personal data
- What are your rights?
How and why we collect personal data?
The data we collect from you will be used by VIAVERDI10 in accordance with the purposes outlined in this privacy notice. We collect personal data via website forms, written application forms and documents, email and phone enquiries and surveys. We also collect information via third parties and international affiliates.
Information on internet traffic is collected routinely by VIAVERDI10. This technical information is used for statistical or administrative purposes. It is NOT used to gather identifiable personal information on individual website visitors, except in so far as this is permitted by law and may be necessary in order to prevent or detect problems or offences in relation to the operation of the website.
We sometimes may collect data from children under the age of 18. Children's data is collected for registration only.
We use information gathered from cookies to help improve your experience of the website. Some cookies are essential so you can move around the website and use its features.
The purpose and legal basis for collecting your data
In order for the use of personal data to be lawful it should be processed on the basis of either the consent of an individual concerned or another legal basis, set out in the General Data Protection Regulation.
VIAVERDI10 will ensure that your data is processed fairly and lawfully in keeping with the principles of data protection and will process personal data under various legal bases depending on the purpose for which the data is collected.
Specific information on the legal basis for processing your personal data will also be provided at the point of collection of personal data. These may include:
- Where the processing of personal data is necessary for the formation of a contract with you;
- Where the processing of personal data is not related to the official functions of VIAVERDI10 we may sometimes process personal data based on legitimate interests e.g. for the administration of events, purchasing of tickets and the use of our services.
How we store and secure your data
Any data we collect from you will be stored confidentially and securely as required by VIAVERDI10 Information Security Policy. VIAVERDI10 is committed to ensuring all accesses to, uses of, and processing data is performed in a secure manner.
In keeping with the data protection principles we will only store your data for as long as is necessary and in accordance with our Records Management Policy and Records Retention Schedule which you can find on our website.
When we store your personal data on our systems the data will primarily be stored either on VIAVERDI10 premises and secure IT platforms within the European Economic Area (EEA) which are also subject to European data protection requirements.
We may store or share your data outside the EEA in the following circumstances:
- For processing international applications and sharing data with partners.
- When using cloud services for the secure storage of data. Some cloud service providers store data in international data centres e.g. the US. VIAVERDI10 will only use services which are compliant with the European General Data Protection Regulation and who satisfy the conditions for processing personal data outside the EEA.
- For research projects with other research partners where we have your consent to do so.
- If we are required to do so by law.
Details of third parties with whom we share personal data
VIAVERDI10 will share your data with third parties where necessary for purposes of the processing and where there is a legal basis to do so. VIAVERDI10 may share relevant personal data with the following categories of third parties:
- IT or cloud service providers that provide essential services to VIAVERDI10 e.g. Google.
- Firms that provide professional services to VIAVERDI10 such as legal firms and auditors.
- Firms that provide archiving and storage and disposal of confidential waste.
- Research and academic partners.
When we share your data with the third parties outlined here VIAVERDI10 will endeavour only to share the data that is needed, that the data is only processed according to our specific instructions and that the same standards of confidentiality and security are maintained. Once the processing of the data is complete any third parties with whom data was shared will be required to return the data to VIAVERDI10 save where they are required to retain it by law.
VIAVERDI10 Archives, which comprise administrative, legal and historical records of archival value. This collection represents the VIAVERDI10 memory, and is of important historical value. VIAVERDI10 will process personal data of archival value in accordance with Genera Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the EU local Member State law. Personal data retained by VIAVERDI10 for archival purposes will be stored and secured in accordance with the principles of data protection.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights over the way we process your personal data.
Right of Access
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we are processing about you and to exercise that right easily and at reasonable intervals.
You have the right to withdraw your consent where that is the legal basis of our processing.
You have the right to have inaccuracies in personal data that we hold about you rectified.
You have the right to have your personal data deleted where we no longer have any justification for retaining it subject to exemptions such as the use of anonymised data for scientific research.
Object and Restrict
You have the right to object to processing or restrict the processing of your personal data if:
- We have processed your data based on a legitimate interest which you believe to be unfair to you.
- The personal data was processed unlawfully;
- You need the personal data to be deleted in order to comply with legal obligations;
Where it is technically feasible you have the right to have a readily accessible electronic copy of your data transferred or moved to another data controller if we are processing your data based on your consent and if that processing is carried out by automated means.
If you have any queries relating to the processing of your personal data or if you wish to make a complaint or escalate an issue relating to any of your rights you can contact us by email INFO [@] VIAVERDI10.IT.